[CALL FOR JUDGES] alt.flame/alt.usenet.kooks Battle of the Bands 2005
ryannosaurus
2005-03-18 20:47:07 UTC
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:33:05 -0800, Russell B
This is a call for celebrity judges for the upcoming 2005
alt.flame/alt.usenet.kooks Battle of the Bands. Celebrity judges only,
please.
Contestants confirmed so far are Jason Christie (representing High-C,
Gortician, etc.) and John Henry (representing, if I understand him
correctly, a Pearl Jam cover band of sorts). Not yet confirmed are Eric
Saeger (representing Destony), Doktor Pete, and Ward (representing the
Fucking Pigs).
someone should track Per down, so there's actually something
listenable. :P
Parties interested in serving as celebrity judges may so indicate by
responding to this article, or by stating the same in a followup to the
"**BATTLE OF THE BANDS!** (AUK vs. alt.flame)" thread.
what the fuck, I'm bored enough for anything, do the judges get free
booze and designer drugs?
Russell B
2005-03-18 20:52:04 UTC
Well, so far you've heard my voice
But I've brought some friends along
And next on the mike is my man "ryannosaurus"
Come on, "ryannosaurus", sing that song!
Post by ryannosaurus
[...]
Approved.

Please fill out this availability form (just a formality), and I'll put you
on the list.

I am

___available
___not available

to judge the alt.flame/alt.usenet.kooks Battle of the Bands 2005.

Phoenix
Can I be the referee manning the penalty box?
Russell B
2005-03-20 23:33:27 UTC
Well, so far you've heard my voice
But I've brought some friends along
And next on the mike is my man "Phoenix"
Come on, "Phoenix", sing that song!
Post by ryannosaurus
[...]
Thank you for volunteering your services, but at this time there are no
plans for a penalty box, or indeed for penalties.
ryannosaurus
2005-03-19 06:40:43 UTC
Post by ryannosaurus
[...]
_X_available
Post by Russell B
___not available
to judge the alt.flame/alt.usenet.kooks Battle of the Bands 2005.
lol, I reserve the right to post reviews of the results of my
listening party wherever I shall roam. The artists may contribute to
the beer fund, in hopes of kindness
Bill Cleere
2005-03-19 06:53:06 UTC
Post by Russell B
___not available
to judge the alt.flame/alt.usenet.kooks Battle of the Bands 2005.
lol, I reserve the right to post reviews of the results of my
listening party wherever I shall roam. The artists may contribute to
the beer fund, in hopes of kindness
Be as flippant as you like, but it'll go hard for any Celebrity
Judge who don't vote right, if you get what I'm saying.

-- Bill Cleere

"I prefer the pleasure of writing bits of nonsense to that of wearing
an embroidered coat which costs 800 francs." (Stendahl)
ryannosaurus
2005-03-19 07:11:28 UTC
Post by Russell B
___not available
to judge the alt.flame/alt.usenet.kooks Battle of the Bands 2005.
lol, I reserve the right to post reviews of the results of my
listening party wherever I shall roam. The artists may contribute to
the beer fund, in hopes of kindness
Be as flippant as you like, but it'll go hard for any Celebrity
Judge who don't vote right, if you get what I'm saying.
The fix is in, and I missed it? Fuck me with a porcine curly que
weiner...
Bill Cleere
2005-03-19 17:29:59 UTC
Post by Russell B
___not available
to judge the alt.flame/alt.usenet.kooks Battle of the Bands 2005.
lol, I reserve the right to post reviews of the results of my
listening party wherever I shall roam. The artists may contribute to
the beer fund, in hopes of kindness
Be as flippant as you like, but it'll go hard for any Celebrity
Judge who don't vote right, if you get what I'm saying.
The fix is in, and I missed it? Fuck me with a porcine curly que
weiner...
You'll count yourself lucky if you get off that easy. More likely
you'll wake up in the canal with your ears in your mouth.

Problem is, I don't know which way the wise guys are playing it.

ryannosaurus
2005-03-20 07:08:42 UTC
Post by Russell B
___not available
to judge the alt.flame/alt.usenet.kooks Battle of the Bands 2005.
lol, I reserve the right to post reviews of the results of my
listening party wherever I shall roam. The artists may contribute to
the beer fund, in hopes of kindness
Be as flippant as you like, but it'll go hard for any Celebrity
Judge who don't vote right, if you get what I'm saying.
The fix is in, and I missed it? Fuck me with a porcine curly que
weiner...
You'll count yourself lucky if you get off that easy. More likely
you'll wake up in the canal with your ears in your mouth.
yay, I'll be able to tongue my own ear and save money on Debrox
Bill Cleere
2005-03-20 18:25:09 UTC
Post by Russell B
___not available
to judge the alt.flame/alt.usenet.kooks Battle of the Bands 2005.
lol, I reserve the right to post reviews of the results of my
listening party wherever I shall roam. The artists may contribute to
the beer fund, in hopes of kindness
Be as flippant as you like, but it'll go hard for any Celebrity
Judge who don't vote right, if you get what I'm saying.
The fix is in, and I missed it? Fuck me with a porcine curly que
weiner...
You'll count yourself lucky if you get off that easy. More likely
you'll wake up in the canal with your ears in your mouth.
yay, I'll be able to tongue my own ear and save money on Debrox
The Power of Positive Thinking doesn't normally help very much
in this type of situation, but you may be one of those rare people
who can see the bright side of being targeted for a mob hit.

Soapy
2005-03-20 07:36:32 UTC
Post by Russell B
___not available
to judge the alt.flame/alt.usenet.kooks Battle of the Bands
2005.
lol, I reserve the right to post reviews of the results of my
listening party wherever I shall roam. The artists may
contribute to the beer fund, in hopes of kindness
Be as flippant as you like, but it'll go hard for any Celebrity
Judge who don't vote right, if you get what I'm saying.
The fix is in, and I missed it? Fuck me with a porcine curly que
weiner...
Okay.
--
__ __ __ __ O O O
/ / | / | / | / | O o o
Post by Russell B
___not available
to judge the alt.flame/alt.usenet.kooks Battle of the Bands 2005.
lol, I reserve the right to post reviews of the results of my
listening party wherever I shall roam. The artists may
contribute to the beer fund, in hopes of kindness
Be as flippant as you like, but it'll go hard for any Celebrity
Judge who don't vote right, if you get what I'm saying.
The fix is in, and I missed it? Fuck me with a porcine curly que
weiner...
Okay.
thank yew, soapster *sniffle*

Russell B
2005-03-20 23:32:49 UTC
Post by Russell B
___not available
to judge the alt.flame/alt.usenet.kooks Battle of the Bands 2005.
Thank you, ryannosaurus. The next step in your appointment as Celebrity
Judge of the 2005 alt.flame/alt.usenet.kooks Battle of the Bands will be
the lengthy, bitter confirmation hearings. You will be hearing from me
some time in the next week or so with a date and time for those hearings,
in which your participation is mandatory. Again, thank you for
volunteering your services as a judge, and I look forward to working with
you.
ryannosaurus
2005-03-24 05:51:38 UTC
Post by Russell B
___not available
to judge the alt.flame/alt.usenet.kooks Battle of the Bands 2005.
Thank you, ryannosaurus. The next step in your appointment as Celebrity
Judge of the 2005 alt.flame/alt.usenet.kooks Battle of the Bands will be
the lengthy, bitter confirmation hearings. You will be hearing from me
some time in the next week or so with a date and time for those hearings,
in which your participation is mandatory. Again, thank you for
volunteering your services as a judge, and I look forward to working with
you.
As an example of my commitment to music no one else really gives a
shit about, I present my seminal work (well, the result of a few hours
googling this morning, which is about as focused as I get): The One,
the only, ultra comprehensive discography for bass player Kenny
Aaronson

Dust: "Dust" 1971
http://www.ramones-discography.com/ramones_discography/solo_project/marky_fichier/01.htm
(Note: Mark Bell=Marky Ramone pre-Ramones)

Dust: "Hard Attack" 1972

Stories: "Travelling Uderground" (1973)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=11;_ylt=AhOMEIX7XCRhSemodKqUTr9UvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist
http://wwwp.musicmatch.com/album/album.cgi?ALBUMID=457232

apparently played with Hall & Oates '74-75, I find no recording
credits http://rant58.tripod.com/id318.htm

apparently played with Leslie West (Mountain) '75-'76, in a band
called Post-Mountain(?). I find no recording credits
http://rant58.tripod.com/id318.htm
http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:3KEzb9X_KAQJ:www.bocfanclub.com/MF/MF_10.pdf+%22Kenny+Aaronson%22+%22leslie+west%22&hl=en

Rick Derringer: "Derringer" (1976)
http://www.yee.ch/~jwinter/Band/winter_band_rick_derringer_derringer.htm
(includes man of 1000 bands, Vinnie Appice)

Rick Derringer: "Derringer Live" (1977)
http://www.icebergradio.com/artist/3183/rick_derringer.html

Rick Derringer: "Sweet Evil" (1977)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=21;_ylt=AnWGRG3TWX2C0V5y9jQZUnpUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist

Rick Derringer: "Live in Cleveland" (1977)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=31;_ylt=AoXf8FPWkWVKP8JJ7DLuwTBUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist

Rick Derringer: "Live at the Paridise Theater 1978" (Includes Neil
Geraldo, better know as Pat Benetar's hubby/guitar)
http://www.subterranean.org/modern/modernera01.html

Rick Derringer: "If I Weren't So Romantic, I'd Shoot You" (1978)
http://www.yee.ch/~jwinter/Band/winter_band_rick_romantic_shoot.htm
(Side note: Derringer's played around a bit and would be a fun tree to
shake, too, and this site seems to have a thorough info on Johnny
Winters' bandmates)

Rick Derringer: "Guitars and Women" (1979)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=21;_ylt=AnWGRG3TWX2C0V5y9jQZUnpUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist

Rick Derringer: "Rock and Roll Hootchie Coo - The Best of Rick
Derringer" (1996)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography;_ylt=Ap1fwk_nOeP5vbJf8RcDKrhUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBtMjVyMGQxBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRuYXY-

Rick Derringer: "Spring Fever / Sweet Evil" (2004)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=11;_ylt=AhOMEIX7XCRhSemodKqUTr9UvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist

Rick Derringer: "Derringer / Sweet Evil" (2004)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=21;_ylt=AnWGRG3TWX2C0V5y9jQZUnpUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist
(how many times *can* Rick re-release the same album???)

Axis: "It's a Circus World" (1978)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=21;_ylt=AnWGRG3TWX2C0V5y9jQZUnpUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist

Foghat: did not record, performed on '83 Zig Zag Walk tour, departed
for medical reasons.

Gary Private: "Secret Love" (1983)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=31;_ylt=AoXf8FPWkWVKP8JJ7DLuwTBUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist

HSAS: "Through the Fire" (1984)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography;_ylt=Ap1fwk_nOeP5vbJf8RcDKrhUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBtMjVyMGQxBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRuYXY-

"Porky's Revenge" soundtrack (1985) 11. Porky's Revenge! - (with Dave
Edmunds/Chuck Leavall/Michael Shrieve/Kenny Aaronson)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=21;_ylt=AnWGRG3TWX2C0V5y9jQZUnpUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist
http://www.ostlyrics.com/movie.php?sid=934&movie=Porky's%20Revenge
http://www.porkysmovies.com/sounds/soundtracks/revenge/linear.html

Various Artists "Thrasher" (1985) http://www.shmoulik.com/duck.html
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=20340
(woo, note links to TKO, Riot, Blue Cheer, Blacklace, Anthrax,
Exciter, Savoy Brown, Virgin Steele, The Rods, David Lee Roth, Talas,
Steve Vai, Elf & Rainbow... I think I track this one down if it's
still in print)

Brian Setzer: "Knife Feels Like Justice" (1986)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography;_ylt=Ap1fwk_nOeP5vbJf8RcDKrhUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBtMjVyMGQxBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRuYXY-

Blue Oyster Cult: Club Ninja (1986)
http://www.h2.dion.ne.jp/~krok80s/main%20b/blue%20oyster%20cult.htm
http://www.tmk.com/ftp/boc-l/boc_faq-2_2.txt
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://monografias.preciomania.com/search_fullinfomu.php/music_id%3D83897/music2%3D1&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddiscography%2B%2522kenny%2Baaronson%2522%26start%3D60%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN

Blue Oyster Cult: Imaginos (1988)
http://www.h2.dion.ne.jp/~krok80s/main%20b/blue%20oyster%20cult.htm
http://www.tmk.com/ftp/boc-l/boc_faq-2_2.txt

Michael Monroe (note: ex-Hanoi Rocks): "Not Fakin' It" (1989)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=21;_ylt=AnWGRG3TWX2C0V5y9jQZUnpUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist
http://www.whichdisc.com/artist65805_monroe_michael.htm
http://fox.zero.ad.jp/~zan69455/hanoi/disco/disco_mike.html

(This ones a book authored by Dr Licks, included a 2 CD set with
everyone from Paul McCartney to Geddy Lee playing bass) Standing in
the shadows of Motown : the life and music of legendary bassist James
Jamerson, 1989 http://catalog.cantonpl.org/record=1273415
http://chuckrainey.com/jamesjamerson.htm

Billy Idol: "Idol Songs - 11 of the Best" (1988)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography;_ylt=Ap1fwk_nOeP5vbJf8RcDKrhUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBtMjVyMGQxBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRuYXY-

Bob Dylan was apparently a dry hole as far as recordings, Aaaronson
toured with Bob in 88/89

Apparently toured with Mick Taylor (Rolling Stones) in '90, I find no
recording credits.

Billy Squier: "Creatures of Habit" (1991)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=11;_ylt=AhOMEIX7XCRhSemodKqUTr9UvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist

Common Sense: "Can I Borrow a Dollar?" (1992)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography;_ylt=Ap1fwk_nOeP5vbJf8RcDKrhUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBtMjVyMGQxBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRuYXY-

Brace Yourself: A Tribute to Otis Blackwell (1993)
(various artists - w/ Tom Verlaine)(USA) CD Shanachie CD5702 1993
http://www.marquee.demon.co.uk/facts/tvrels.htm

The Waterboys: "Dream Harder" 1993
http://ectoguide.org/commentator/neal/waterboys.the&p=5

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts: "Pure and Simple" (1994)
http://www.joanjett.com/Lyrics/jjps.htm

Joe Lewis Walker: "JLW" 1994
http://www.bay-area-bands.com/bab00049.htm

Black Sabbath: "Under the Wheels of Confusion" (1996)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography;_ylt=Ap1fwk_nOeP5vbJf8RcDKrhUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBtMjVyMGQxBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRuYXY-

Graham Parker: "Live from New York, NY" (1996)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=31;_ylt=AoXf8FPWkWVKP8JJ7DLuwTBUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist

CLAS YNGSTRĂ–M: FAT GUITAR (1996)
http://personal.inet.fi/private/tapani.taka/heckstal.htm

Celange : "New Day Coming" (1997)
http://www.bobbyc.net/disco.htmhttp://www.dailyvault.com/1998_11_11-ph.htmlhttp://www.mbus.com/bands/genadm/CeLange.htm

Richie Scarlet (Frehley's Comet): "Wise Guy from New York" (1997)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=31;_ylt=AoXf8FPWkWVKP8JJ7DLuwTBUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist
http://www.kissonline.com/faq/discography/assoc.htm

Ian Mcdonald: "Driver's Eyes" (1999)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=21;_ylt=AnWGRG3TWX2C0V5y9jQZUnpUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist
http://www.insideout.de/indexx.php?arg=AAAAABYES0FBTAEES0FSMocA

Etienne Daho: "Best of Etienne" (1999) Etienne Daho
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography;_ylt=Ap1fwk_nOeP5vbJf8RcDKrhUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBtMjVyMGQxBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRuYXY-

Mambo Sons: "Mambo Sons" 2000
http://www.tomguerra.com/more%20info%20on%20mambo%20sons.htm
http://theband.hiof.no/guestbook/july_99.html

Performed live with Amy Fairchild in 2000 timeframe and after, rumors
of recorded sessions in 2000, but nothing released that I find.

K.P. Devlin: "Shoot Down The Stars" (2001)
http://www.kpdevlin.com/sdtssongs.htm

Joe Lynn Turner: "Challenge Them All" (2001)
http://glory.metalkings.ru/bands/t/joe-lynn-turner.htm

Joe Lynn Turner: "Slam" (2001)
http://glory.metalkings.ru/bands/t/joe-lynn-turner.htm

Various Artists: "Warmth in the Wilderness - A Tribute to Jason
Becker" (2001) (Note: links direct to David Lee Roth band, and a and
many others)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=21;_ylt=AnWGRG3TWX2C0V5y9jQZUnpUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist
http://www.angelfire.com/ma/strutteraor/JASONBECKERTRIBUTE2.htm

Adam Bomb: "NY Times" (2002?)
http://www.adambomb.com/home/index.php?page=3
http://www.rockthisway.de/news/news_april02.htm

Alan Merrill: "Double Shot Rocks" (2003)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=21;_ylt=AnWGRG3TWX2C0V5y9jQZUnpUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist

Dana Fuchs Band: "Lonely for a Lifetime" (2003)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=21;_ylt=AnWGRG3TWX2C0V5y9jQZUnpUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist

John Eddie: "Who the Hell is John Eddie?" (2003)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography;_ylt=Ap1fwk_nOeP5vbJf8RcDKrhUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBtMjVyMGQxBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRuYXY-
http://www.johneddie.com/bio.html

Ronnie Spector: "Unfinished Business" (2004)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=11;_ylt=AhOMEIX7XCRhSemodKqUTr9UvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist

Chris Spedding: "Cafe Days" (2004)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Kenny%20Aaronson:1927036418:page=discography:b=31;_ylt=AoXf8FPWkWVKP8JJ7DLuwTBUvQcF;_ylu=X3oDMTBubDlqbmRkBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNhcnRwcm9k?#albumlist

"Porky's Revenge" Soundtrack remastered (2004)

Glen Caroll - Travelin' Man (2005) http://glencarroll.com/sounds.html